Crucifixion group

Crucifixion group
Michael Stephan, 1864

The crucifixion group, consisting of a crucifix, Mary and John, was part of the high altar built in 1864 by the sculptor Michael Stephan. The high altar was neo-Gothic in style and was capped by the still existing crucifixion group. In August 1872, the high altar was painted. The crucifixion group was preserved despite of the great destruction during the Second World War. It was restored in 1957 and mounted in the sanctuary. The crucifixion group was renovated in 2013 by the painter Willi Schmitz from Niederzier, at which time the inscription (INRI) on top of the crucifix got its green paint.






Our church

WindowsAltarAmbon – Crucifixion group – BaptisteryAltarpiecesOur lady of perpetual helpTabernacleConfessional chapelWar memorial chapelStations of the CrossOrgansBells