War memorial chapel

Pietá – Bruno Hauser, 1955

Wooden crucifixes with the names of the soldiers killed during the two World Wars

The war memorial chapel is located on the left hand side at the end of the church.

There sits the pietà. The sculpture of the Dolorous Mother was cut from a 500 year old elm tree by the sculptor Bruno Hauser of Düren-Hoven. The wood is unfinished and the marks of the sculptor’s chisel remain visible to emphasise the theme of sorrow.

The names of the soldiers of our village killed during the two World Wars are written on wooden crucifixes hanging on the wall opposite to the Window of Peace.






Our church

WindowsAltarAmbonCrucifixion groupBaptisteryAltarpiecesOur lady of perpetual helpTabernacleConfessional chapel – War memorial chapel – Stations of the CrossOrgansBells